Your creative journey starts here.
- Unlimited access to every class
- Supportive online creative community
- Learn offline with Ulearna's App
What is Freelancing?
Freelancing is using your skills and working for yourself, this simply means that a freelancer is independent of working for someone else, the best example of freelancing is a programmer who works with a client and after completing the task, move to another client and start a new project, in today's world freelancing is one of the best ways to make money online and even many expert freelancers are making a living out of it.
What are the benefits of Freelancing?
- As a freelancer, you can escape unemployment and start a high-paying job.
- There will be no time limitations for you, you can work whenever you like, day or night.
- There is no boss to limit you.
- There are no limits to growth that can stop you from progressing.
- You don't need to travel to your workplace because you can work from the comfort of your home.
What are Freelancing platforms?
Freelancing platforms are marketplaces which connect freelancers with clients, clients post jobs or tasks they want completed on the freelancing platforms, and freelancers can apply for those jobs, here I will mention some of the best freelancing platforms:
What skills do you need as a Freelancer?
There are many digital skills that freelancers use to make money online, but the most in-demand and high-paying digital skills are:
Digital marketing is one of the best digital skills that freelancers use to earn money online, digital marketing is a type of marketing that is done using new technologies such as computers, mobile phones and internet connection, there are several strategies of digital marketing such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Affiliate marketing, Email marketing, Content marketing, Influencer marketing and Video marketing.
Graphic design is another great digital skill which is used by graphic designers to make money online, graphic design is related with visual content and the best examples are designing the layouts of newspapers and magazines, logo design and poster design.
Web development is one of the most in-demand skills on the internet, and many clients and businesses are looking for expert web developers to build their websites, web development has two branches:
- Front-end web development
- Back-end web development
Here we can not give a complete description about all in-demand and high paying digital skills for freelancing but I will only name the rest:
- Web design
- Data analytics
- Software engineering
- App development
- UX design
- UI design
- Data entry
How to start a freelancing career?
You can start a career as a freelancer by joining a freelancing platform mentioned above, then you should write a complete description of your knowledge, skills and experiences because customers first review them, then you can create a portfolio and link it to your dashboard on the freelancing platform you have joined.
You should provide complete information about the gigs you want to sell and post your previous work to demonstrate your experience and talent for your clients and receive your first order or project.
How to succeed with freelancing?
There are some strategies you can use to become a successful freelancer:
- Use digital marketing strategies to market your services and find clients with digital marketing methods, whether it is on social media platforms or your blog.
- Be agile and try to complete projects on time and respond to clients whenever they want to communicate with you.
- Have a complete description of the skills and services you offer, you should also include your experiences to attract clients.
Today many people are doing freelancing to make money by using their skills online, you can also start your online career as a freelancer and make a full time income out of it.