Your creative journey starts here.
- Unlimited access to every class
- Supportive online creative community
- Learn offline with Ulearna's App
Have you ever had low self-esteem and didn’t know how to snap out of it? Have you ever wondered, how can I just flip the switch on, and change my mood? Has someone ever hurt your feelings and their words make you feel insecure about who you are? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then please continue reading what are the 5 powerful tips to improve your self-esteem.
1. Appreciate yourself: This is where you are thankful for your gifts and talents. There are many gifts that you have that other teens do not have and it is time to appreciate that you have them. For example, I am a great reader or I am a great listener or I am a great helper, etc.
2. Avoid being Judgmental towards others: At times teens are notorious for gossiping and talking about others. Stop this habit, for this shows your insecurity about yourself and it only makes you feel worse afterwards. For example, she looks so fat in that, or he is not a good wrestler, etc.
3. Don’t Compare Yourself to anyone else: This only makes you think of everything you don’t have and makes your self-esteem decrease. You’re a unique person, so why are you comparing yourself, just be you and be happy with you. For example, why does she get a car at 16 and I have to wait 2 more years? This will make you sad and resentful of your life, instead of appreciating that some people never get a car, that they ride the bus, get a taxi, or walk their whole lives.
4. Make a few goals that you can reach and work towards it: Set some goals up for yourself, like doing your homework by 9 p.m. Another example would be no watching TV, until the weekend. Set up goals to help you accomplish some things you want to get done. This is a big booster in Self-Esteem.
5. Make a Contribution: Do something to help others and you will feel great. Do it for the sake of the Creator, and you will get rewarded in so many ways, it’s unbelievable. For example, help a friend with their studies; take care of your siblings, washing the dishes, volunteer for something, etc.